• AIAP Membership is open to full-time professionals
only. Just $195 per year, $105 semi-annually, $55 quarterly*; a website portfolio and two client references are required. You'll be asked to list the name & email address or telephone number of two individuals who know the quality of your work. Membership is granted after review of your website portfolio and verification of your client references.
• Membership includes up to five AIAP Directory listings with direct links to your
own personal email and website. The AIAP Directory is recognized by photography buyers as the most trusted resource for finding qualified architectural photographers. Photography buyers book assignments directly with you through your own personal website–not through the AIAP. The AIAP does not collect a commission or charge a fee for the assignments you receive as a result of your listings.
• Members are listed on their geographic home page of the AIAP Directory in order of membership date. For instance, if your home state is New York, you will be listed below those who have joined before you and whose home state is also New York. Members are listed on additional directory pages (other than their home region) below those for whom the page is their home region. For instance, if your home state is New York and you want to also be listed in Pennsylvania, your listing will appear below those members whose home region is Pennsylvania. Members are listed on additional directory pages in order of membership date.
• AIAP Members pledge to adhere to the AIAP Code of Ethics:
1. Maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity, and be above reproach in all professional business practices.
2. Maintain an atmosphere of fairness and cooperation with other photographers.
3. Foster an attitude of mutual benefit between client and photographer in all negotiations, contracts and transactions.
4. Never misrepresent one's own qualifications, capabilities or reputation or impune the reputation of a competitor.
5. Never conspire with photographers to artificially inflate fees, fix prices or otherwise engage in any illegal or unethical business practices.
6. Maintain accepted legal and professional business practices such as utilizing written contracts in all assignments and projects.
7. Seek to uphold and fulfill all professional contracts, obligations, commitments and expectations.
8. Maintain a level of trust, confidentiality and proprietary respect with clients in all projects and assignments.
9. Maintain a high level of honesty and responsibility towards employees, contractors and suppliers, and always honor one's own financial obligations.
10. Decline any assignment that would compromise full compliance with any tenant of this AIAP Code of Ethics.
• Finally, you'll receive discounts and special incentives from a wide variety of vendors and manufacturers.
*IMPORTANT: YOU MUST MAKE A MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT on the following page or your application will automatically be deleted. You will be directed to the payment page after submitting this application page. In the event that your application is not approved your payment will be immediately refunded.